Definition The tableLayout property sets the algorithm used to display the table cells, rows, and columns Fixed table layout: The fixed t...
DefinitionThe tableLayout property sets the algorithm used to display the table cells, rows, and columns
Fixed table layout:
- The fixed table layout allows the browser to lay out the table faster than the automatic table layout
- In a fixed table layout, the horizontal layout only depends on the table's width, the width of the columns, and not the content of the cells
- By using fixed table layout, the user agent can begin to display the table once the entire first row has been received
- In an automatic table layout, the column width is set by the widest unbreakable content in the column cells
- This algorithm is sometimes slow since it needs to access all the content in the table before determining the final layout
Scripting Syntax: object.style.tableLayout="fixed"
|automatic||Default. Column width is set by cell content|
|fixed||Column width is set by table width and the width of the columns|
Goto CSS3 and CSS2 complete reference